Monday, January 27, 2014

Plans - Part 2

47 hours and counting until my flight departs! I'm getting really excited and, admittedly, anxious. Currently, I'm trying not to obsess over the weather (although I've been checking Accuweather.com something like three times a day). The forecast keeps changing. I was a bit in the dumps that there was a prediction of snow upon my arrival and I don't think it has snowed in Paris at all this winter! Then things changed and there appeared to be quite a bit of sun in the mix. Today things are looking more rainy. I certainly can't control the weather and realistically, I shouldn't expect anything other than gray and rain this time of year. I'm just driving myself crazy thinking about it!

I've been to Paris once before and seen some of the "hits." I've been to the top of the Eiffel Tower. We went to the Louvre and the Orsay. We toured Versailles. These things are not on my "To Do" list this time around. When we left Paris, one of my regrets was that we didn't visit the Père Lachaise cemetery so that is high on my list this time around. And although my list keeps getting longer and longer, part of my plan was to not have a plan, at least for a couple of days, and just wander around the city and pretend to live the life of a Parisian.

So, here's what's currently on my agenda:
  • Luxembourg Gardens, St. Sulpice and St. Germain des Près churches
  • Père Lachaise cemetery, Opera Garnier, Notre Dame and St. Chapelle
  • Tour Montparnasse
  • Day trip to Chartres
  • La Defense
  • Musee Rodin
  • Grand Palais, Arc du Triomphe
  • Musee L'Orangerie
  • Paris Walks Tours - Marais and Montmartre
  • Hotel de Ville
  • Various bridges over the Seine
  • St. Denis cathedral
  • Rue de la Huchette
  • Various scenic squares (Place Saint-Michel, Place Vendome, etc.)
  • Day trip to Bruges
There are some other "quickie" types of things on my list as well but really, the only thing I'm locked into with my agenda is my train ticket to Bruges. Everything else is in flux and could change on a whim. I think it will be really interesting to compare this list to what I actually see and do after the fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment